after making a set of audio encoders I’ve been trying to focus on video a little bit. Here’s the first tryout of a libx264 based encoder filter. Full source code can be found in the local SVN repository. The encoder filter is released just like the x264 library as GNU GPL.
- accepts YV12 input frames
- constant QP and average bitrate rate control modes (only 1-pass encoding so far)
- built with support for multiple CPU cores
- easy-to-use presets for encoder options
- support for B-frames - PTS and DTS information can be read by the downstream filter using a custom IMediaSampleEx interface (see source code for more info)
From my initial tests the filter worked quite nicely although I suspect there might be some small memory leaks which showed up after running the debug version of the filter for a few hours. If you find something please do let me know.
Source : mm_x264_184.108.40.206_src.zip (1.7 MB)
Binary : mm_x264_220.127.116.11_bin.zip (341 KB)